i speak fish

and other delicacies

Friday, May 2, 2008

Fruity Computers - the saga

Taken from the Email that I sent to Crapple:

My computer would not turn on so I made an appointment at the (Crapple) store and they told me that my computer had a "flat tire."

When I asked for further explanation, I did not get one other than I needed to reinstall my OS.

So, I ordered my OS discs on Sunday the April 27th via phone. When I did not receive notification via email OR the discs by May 1st I called Crapple care and they notified me that my order went through BUT the discs never went out; that they just "sat there."

When I asked how that was possible, the person said that eventually when I realized that I didn't get the discs I would have called and they (Crapple) would have figured out their mistake.

THIS IS A HUGE FLAW IN YOUR SYSTEM.

Then I was told that he would reorder it free of charge, which really meant that I was still charged but am now receiving the discs a week or so later.

He then said that he was putting the order through and would send me an email confirmation. He gave me a case id number and we hung up.

Two hours later, when I still had not received an email I called again. When I did I was told that they could not SEE the order. They asked for my credit card number AGAIN, when I informed that I had the Case Id they said they couldn't find it through that.

Then I asked for a manager because I personally don't like giving out my credit card number to countless Crapple employees.

I was livid at this point because not only did my order just SIT there but I was not getting the confirmation I was promised.

Then I eventually got on the phone with a Manager who told me he could see that the NEW order was placed and that it was "sent" but "CRAPPLE DOES NOT HAVE THE CAPABILITIES TO SEND AN EMAIL CONFIRMATION." This is another flaw in your system. You CANNOT take credit card information and not provide an email confirmation knowing that your order has gone through. I am case and point why this does not work.

CRAPPLE FAILED TO SEND MY ORDER AND YET CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD. HAD A CONFIRMATION BEEN SENT I WOULD OF HAD AN ORDER NUMBER, AND PERHAPS THIS MIGHT NOT HAVE HAPPENED. ORDERS THAT HAVE BEEN CHARGED SHOULD NOT JUST SIT THERE. THAT IS A PROBLEM FOR YOU. THAT IS A PROBLEM FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS. YOU ARE A COMPUTER COMPANY WHO IS NOT ABLE TO SEND EMAIL CONFIRMATIONS??? YOU ARE A COMPUTER COMPANY WHOSE SYSTEM ALLOWS PURCHASED ORDERS TO SIT THERE???

I am insanely unhappy with the service I received.

No comments: