i speak fish

and other delicacies

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

bubbling.

Note to assistant sharing cubicle wall space:

If you say "it's so cold in here" one more time, without doing anything about it, i swear to god, i will shove a space heater up your ass.

always.

c


Revised: Sorry, it was early and she was killing my soul, only a bit, but enough to blog about.
Whew! now that that's that.

Here's a recipe of my own concoction

Claire’s Chicken & Potato Salad

Obviously, I don’t have exact measurements, because that’s for sissies.

Hope you enjoy, it came out really yummy for me; hot or cold!

What you’ll need

  • Chicken, boneless breasts
  • Potatoes, any kind – I like yellow
  • Onions
  • Peppers, preferably green
  • Fresh Garlic
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Olive Oil
  • Mayonnaise
  • Cheese; american, chedder, etc
  • Eggs, if that’s your thing, I’ll get there.

Directions

The potatoes need to be cooked so I chop them into quarters and throw them into a pot of water. Cut up as many or as few, depending on amount of people. For just M and I, I cut up about 5-6 medium sized potatoes (we had leftovers). Let the water boil, and cook the potatoes. The cook quicker than normal because they’re already cut so about 18 mins.

The chicken is cooked fairly barely. Ha! You’re gonna wanna cut the chicken into good sized chunks, prior to cooking. On a pan, put olive oil, fresh chopped garlic, salt and pepper, be as generous or sparse as you please. Through the chicken on the hot pan and cook it up. I like to start cooking the chicken about 10 mins into cooking the potatoes, just so the timing lines up okay.

Meanwhile, chop up the peppers, onions and a tad more garlic pretty finely. Also take your cheese and slice/dice/peel/what-have-you into relatively small pieces, no need for mounds of cheese.

If you’re into eggs, around now you’d hard boil some eggs. Again, if that’s your thing, personally, I think with the mayo, it’s a lot.

Now, lets say, your chicken and potatoes are done. Drain the potatoes and run under cold water for about a minute. Just to harden them so that they don’t turn to mashed potatoes. Then, add the chicken, one cup of mayonnaise, more or less as you see fit, I like mayo. Then add the peppers, onions, cheese, garlic, salt and pepper (here is where you could add chopped up hard boiled egg) – mix like you’re folding egg-whites and BAM! You have a meal. Enjoy. Now I know it looks like a pile of mush, but I promise, it’s delicious and filling!

No comments: